I cannot speak highly enough for what Talkala has done for me! I am seeing a great therapist many times a week at an affordable price. Also, I never had to set foot inside an office, talk to an insurance company, or look up credentials. The online therapy concept is absolutely wonderful!Read More
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else."
–Booker T. Washington
Hi I am writing because I would like to give kudos to your site and my current therapist, Doug Foresta. After deciding that I needed a change in therapists I went online to get recommendations and came upon your site. I couldn’t believe it was actually possible, after having traveled 45 minutes each way for over 10 years for a face to face session.Read More
Online therapy with Nicole has been a really outstanding experience for me. Nicole is very professional with great skills. She is always very positive and genuinely cares about you and your well-being. Her writing is very effective and she listens to you and her therapy is done to specifically fit you and your needs (definitely not one-size-fits-all kind of therapy).Read More
"Either you run the day, or the day runs you." –Jim Rohn
Ker Cleary, MA, LPC - What if we really are good enough and smart enough? Al Franken’s iconic, affirming “Saturday Night Live” character was on to something.
"I’m good enough. I’m smart enough. And doggone it, people like me!"
Here’s a summary of the main points, which are also the reasons why we do what we do here at talktala…
- People are increasingly using online technology such as instant messaging to consult therapists
- Going into the cloud abolishes geography
- Timing can be much more flexible No more having to miss work, or pay a babysitter, or spend half an hour traveling each way.
- We find people become disinhibited much more quickly.
- Messaging is like writing in a diary just for you.
- Patients get a print-out of their conversation which helps them remember and learn from the insights.
- When it comes to therapy, it seems, the medium isn’t the message.
Over 100,000 genuine, honest, authentic, therapeutic posts about our challenges and difficulties, about our relationships and love, about our fears and anxieties. About life.
Therapy for the people…
If you’re wondering if online therapy is effective, head on over to this page to find articles and research.
You’ve had time to think about your resolutions… now it’s time to get cracking!
What’s the first thing you’re doing/have done this year towards your goals?
Three entries from our Facebook New Year’s Resolutions contest. Still a few days left to enter! Share your resolution and what you plan on doing to make it happen & you’ll have a chance to win.